Team Executive Coaching is a powerful method to deal with some team issues and encourage people to take responsibility so that they can become more involved into their daily job.
Team coaching is appropriate to :
- Solve communication issues;
- Make behaviors and habits evolve;
- Set up a new strategy, a new development project;
- Accompany a restructuration or integration of new members;
- Stimulate creativity and commitment;
- Accelerate the performance and the maturity of the team;
- Establish new tools, methods and rules of communication;
Team coaching is based on the conviction that :
- A team is capable of great achievements, even beyond expectations.
- Individuals interact within a system. The way they feel and are acknowledged plays a determining role in their commitment.
- Feeling useful and thinking collectively are powerful drivers and leverages the growth.
- Unsaid has to be brought up to the surface to get off to a fresh start.
- We can neither force people nor go against them. What we can do is to make them want to bring the best of themselves.
For the manager this implies to :
- playing the game fully and genuinely
- be so bold as to think differently and openly
- acknowledge the legitimacy of the team and trust the process
- let it go and accept what will emerge from the team as a reality.
What team coaching is not ?
- Team building
How does it work ?
- As coaches, we set up a specific frame and a process.
- We are totally neutral and impartial. We stand only for the team as a group.
- Aligned with the manager's objectives, we guide the members of the group toward the clarification of their own objectives, needs and rules.
- We set up a safe frame which enables members of the group to speak freely and to bring to the surface the unsaid.
- We confront the team to their current problems, issues, and shortfalls. We underline factually the interactions.
- We aim to create « deep change » which means accepting to go through some « hectic moments ».
- We let things happen and emerge as part of the real life of the group.
- We make people reflect and take responsibility.
- All along the experience, we bring back people to their objectives, commitments and meanings.
Why does it work ?
- Our absolute impartiality enables us to gain the trust of the team.
- We don’t know how it is going to end up which means that members of the team understand that we are not in control of the content.
- The process gives power back to the team.They start thinking collectively rather than individually.
- They have opportunity to talk about real issues.
The process acts like a mirror effect and reveals the way members deal with each others.
It is a long term process of several months, which consists in accompany the team in different meetings and experiential times while providing feedbacks and debriefing.
It is designed for groups of persons of any kind and of any size : sale teams, management board, project management teams...
Please click on the following link for more information.
Contact us for an appointment.
Our last Publications
Interview of Alessandro Ceschiat, General Manager Europe at SunEdison
Interview of Selina Man Karlsson, Founder of Curious Courses
Tous nos articles en Français
All our publications in English