I applied a few months ago for the Board member's position at the ICF Switzerland and I am very honored being officially part of the Swiss team today.
The ICF is the largest not-for-profit professional association worldwide of personal and business coaches with more than 22,000 members in more than 130 countries and over 120 chapters in more than 50 countries worldwide.
The purpose of ICF Switzerland is to support, develop and to preserve the standards of professional coaches in Switzerland in order to serve corporate and personal clients at the highest levels of competency and integrity.
ICF Switzerland adheres to a clear description and understanding of the profession of coaching, as well as competencies, standards and ethical guidelines for the professional coach, as described in the principles of the International Coach Federation. www.coachfederation.org
ICF'S CORE VALUES
We uphold the highest standards both for the coaching profession and our organization.
We set and demonstrate standards of excellence for professional coach quality, qualification and competence.
We value the social connection and community building that occurs through collaborative partnership and co-created achievement.
We are inclusive and value the diversity and richness of our global stakeholders. We put people first, without compromising standards, policies and quality.
OUR ENVISIONED FUTURE
Coaching is an integral part of society and ICF members represent the highest quality in professional coaching.
ICF'S MISSION and OBJECTIVES
Within this purpose the association pursues the following core objectives:
- To raise awareness about the coaching profession in the wider community
- To provide a community network through local ICF Chapters where our members can share knowledge and issues of professional interest and concern;
- To have the profession of coaching officially recognized by the appropriate Swiss authorities;
- To support and collaborate with our members to provide resources and solutions for their clients;
- To support the credentialing of coaches and accreditation of training institutions in accordance with ICF professional standards.
In the name of ICF, If there is any question you may have regarding coaching or if you are considering hiring a coach but don't know how, who and where, I will be more than happy to help you.